Tuesday, January 31, 2012

a long long book

Oh my, 1Q84 by Haruki Muakami, 2011, is long. I listened to it and it seemed to go on forever. I couldn't stop listening to it or skip parts, even though is slow and repetitive, sort of chant-like. It's not a great book, but it does hang on to you and won't let you go. I'm just glad it's over.

Started Sebastian Barry's earlier book, Annie Dunne, 2003 and it is such a relief to be reading such good writing.

Read earlier this year but did not note, On Canaan's Side by Sebastian Barry, 2011. Really liked it. A sad tale but he writes so well. I read the Secret Scripture, 2009, a couple of years ago and liked it as well. I like the way her writes about women, old women.

And on the mystery side, I am really enjoying A Room Full of Bones by Elly Griffiths, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment