Wednesday, March 2, 2011

not a good book

The Ape House by Sara Gruen, 2010, was a disappointment. Nothing much to like about it, the plot is far fetched, the characters a pain. I liked the apes. Hard to believe she wrote Water for Elephants, a book I liked very much. I would not recommend the Ape House to anyone. Her first book was dribble though so maybe she's a very inconsitent writer.

I am really enjoying This Book is Overdue though. Written by Marilyn Johnson, 2010, it's a non-fiction book about libraries and librarians as they have changed moving into the digital age. Brings out my wish-I-was-a-librarian urges again.

And I've started another John Lawton book. I do like this man - or likes the way her writes at any rate. Bluffing Mr. Churchill it's titled in the UK, not here. Riptide here, I think. The best part of his books is it doesn't matter what order you read them in. I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment